Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Jaded By Desire - Description & Teasers



Book 2 in the Lust, Desire, and Love Trilogy
 
This book contains explicit sex, language, and sexual situations. It is written for the mature reading audience (18+) and isn’t suitable or intended for younger readers or readers who are uncomfortable reading about this content.



http://authl.it/B00UURLOQW



Nikki's life was changing. She was in love, she was getting married, and she was going to have the baby that she never expected she'd have.

Everything was perfect.

Or was it?

Nikki’s love will be tested. Can their love survive the secrets that come out?


 
(yes, that's a real wedding invitation for my characters)


Abby protested the walk down the aisle by herself. Let me rephrase that, Abby threw an absolute fit and refused to walk by herself. The planner was at a complete loss. She tried so hard to convince Abby she was a big girl and she could do it, but she was just wasting her breath. Abby refused to walk without holding my hand. It didn’t bother me. I wanted her to be part of this day, our day, and she would be. When the wedding march began playing, and it was time for me to walk in with Jim, Abby held my hand on the opposite side from him. Not one flower petal was thrown, but I didn’t care. I thought it was even better walking down the aisle holding her little hand. After all, she was a big part of us all, Jeff included now.

Gary sat next to Mom and frowned when our eyes met. I hoped he didn’t feel bad because Bianca wasn’t able to walk with Abby, or because Abby was walking with me. I loved walking down the aisle holding my little girls hand.

My mom swooped Abby up, causing her to screech, then laugh, when we made it almost all the way to the gazebo.

I had been so distracted by Abby, I hadn’t gotten a good look at Jeff until now. When our eyes connected, I knew marrying him was right. After Jim handed me over, Jeff assisted me with getting up the steps onto the platform beside him. He held my hand and my gaze. I mouthed I love you to him. He smiled and did the same back. My heart fluttered. He had never mouthed or said those three words to me before. My smile widened across my face as the tears streamed freely.

The great thing about the justice of the peace was the ceremony wasn’t dragged out. The longest part was the exchanging of our vows. We both poured our hearts out to each other in front of our family and closest friends. I could have screamed my love for him from the highest mountain to the world. My tears flowed throughout the entire ceremony, and Jeff continued to wipe them away for me with a tissue he drew out of his pocket.

Finally, the words I had been waiting to hear were uttered by the officiant, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. Jeff, you may kiss your bride.”
 
I was pulled gently into his arms, my body fitting perfectly against his chest. He held a finger under my chin as he tipped my head up, our eyes locked on each other. He smiled. Then he whispered, “I love you, Mrs. Carrington.” His warm mouth skimmed mine, before he splayed his hand on my back, pulling me in tighter to him, taking my mouth while not allowing me to even reply. I was lost in him and knew he could feel through my kiss what I hadn’t had a chance to say in return, I love you, too.

 

 
 
You can see all of my muses, teasers, and access the playlist for Jaded By Desire on pinterest.
 
 


 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment